• Webster Online

Town Updates: Tax Payments, Handicap Parking Permits, Marriage Licenses, and More

Town of Webster outlines how it plans to continue providing residents basic services during COVID-19

Webster Town Hall is closed to the public until further notice, but will continue offering services to Webster residents.

The Town of Webster recently shared a list of updates regarding services it will continue providing residents during COVID-19 and how it plans to do so.

With Webster Town Hall and town offices closed to the public until further notice, the Town of Webster has had to make some adjustments in how it will assist residents with their various needs.

Below is the list of town service updates the town shared in a social media post:


Tax Payments

Payments can be made by U.S. Mail or by placing the payment in the drop box [located in the vestibule of the Ridge Road entrance to Webster Town Hall].

Payments can also be made online at www.monroecounty.gov - (sliding scale fee for electronic check payment or by charge card with a 3& fee).

Any taxpayer that does not have a bill or does not know the amount to pay can call the tax line at 872-7064 or may go to www.monroecounty.gov (click on view/pay taxes). Additionally, we can mail or email all tax bills and receipts, if needed.

Any other questions or concerns regarding your taxes should be directed to our Tax Department at 872-7064.

Handicap Parking Permits

Please call 872-7057 and we will make arrangements with you to issue or renew your permit. This can be done by utilizing the drop box, email, fax, or U.S. Postal Service.

Dog Licenses

New licenses and renewals can all be completed via U.S. Mail or by drop box. Please remember to include the updated rabies certificate if needed.

Again, contact our office at 872-7057 with questions or concerns.

Marriage Licenses

All New York State Marriage Licenses require a 24-hour waiting period and are valid for 60 days. If your marriage will be taking place at a later time, please wait to set your appointment.

You may contact our office at 872-7055 if you require a license right away and we will make every effort to help you out.

To obtain a copy of your Marriage Transcript, please contact our office at 872-7055 first to see if we indeed have the record in our office. If so, this transaction can be completed by mailing, emailing, or faxing the request form to you and then we will return your Certified Marriage Document by U.S. Mail. Please note, as this is a vital record, we are not able to email or fax the completed document.

Peddler Permits

Peddler Permits will not be issued at this time as we cannot encourage door-to-door solicitation.

DEC Licenses

Hunting or Fishing Licenses can be issued through the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation website (www.dec.ny.gov/) or any retailers who normally issue licenses. We strongly recommend calling first.

Freedom of Information Requests

These will be done on a case-by-case basis. The request form can be found on the town’s website: https://ny-webster2.civicplus.com/194/freedom-of-information

Completed forms can be emailed to: townclerk@ci.webster.ny.us or sent by U.S. Mail to: Records Management Officer, Webster Town Hall, 1000 Ridge Road, Webster, NY 14580, and we will make every effort to fill requests in a timely manner.


For the latest town updates, follow the Town of Webster’s official Twitter page.

37 views0 comments